- To construct, operate, and maintain telecommunications as a secure and profitable
business of the Hopi Tribe as it relates to the retail or wholesale of telephones, computers, electronic
equipment, and the provision of telecommunications services, including but not limited to: the receipt and
transmission of telephone signals over the wire line, microwave, and cellular radio systems; the provision of
cable television service and electronic data of all types and kinds, including software; and the provision of
service and maintenance on all equipment sold or handled by Hopi Telecom and all similar equipment wherever
manufactured, sold, and distributed.
- To develop, improve, and manage the telecommunications infrastructure on the Hopi Reservation and the lands of the Hopi Tribe; and
- To improve, promote, and develop businesses and economic opportunities for the Hopi Tribe and its members on or near the Hopi Reservation and the lands of the Hopi Tribe; and
- To enable the Hopi Tribe to develop its resources for the benefit of Tribal members; and
- To provide for the efficient and effective utilization of the resources of the Hopi Tribe in a manner which protects the long-term interests of the Tribe and provides income and opportunities to the Tribe and its members from the utilization of those resources; and
- To provide employment opportunities for the Hopi Tribe and its members on or near the Hopi Reservation and the lands of the Hopi Tribe; and To assist the Hopi Tribe in developing its Reservation into an economically viable homeland for present and future generations of Hopi people.