Lifeline and Tribal Link-Up Program
The Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Lifeline and Tribal Link-Up Program provides discounted telephone service or Broadband for Americans who are eligible under certain guidelines. Following is information about the program and how it works.
Lifeline in a federal program that provides a monthly discount on telephone service or Broadband. An eligible household may receive Lifeline on its home phone or its cellular phone, or broadband service (home or wireless), but not both. Lifeline service cannot be transferred to another person, even if the other person is eligible.
Tribal Link Up
Tribal Link Up assists with initial charges for telephone service or Broadband Internet service installation. ($100 maximum) You may only receive Tribal Link Up one time per address.
Click the buttons below to download important Lifeline forms in PDF format.
If your income level falls at or below 135% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines (see application for current guidelines), or you are receiving assistance from at least one of the programs listed below, you may be eligible to receive a discount on one telephone or broadband service under the terms of the FCC’s Lifeline/Tribal Link Up Program.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (those meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Medicaid (not Medicare)/AHCCCS
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) (Food Stamps)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8) (HUD)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
Qualifying customers living on tribal lands must complete an application and provide proof of eligibility based on the above-mentioned criteria the first year, and complete a recertification form once every year after, based on the subscriber’s initial service anniversary date.
Some examples of supporting documentation of verification of income are:
- Prior year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return.
- Current income statement from employer or paycheck stub.
- Social Security statement of benefits.
- Veteran’s Administration statement of benefits.
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- Unemployment/Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance.
- A divorce decree or child support document.
*Any other telephone features such as Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc. are available for additional charges.
To apply for Lifeline and/or Link-Up Program download the Lifeline application or to recertify download the Annual Recertification application, should you have any questions please call (928) 738-HOPI.
For additional information on the Lifeline program, visit the FCC’s website.
P.O. Box 125
Keams Canyon, AZ 86034
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm